Re: smb-locations won't be opened by nautilus

On 2004.08.20 14:28, Pedro Côrte-Real wrote:
On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 08:23 +0000, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> whenever I try to open samba shares via nautilus I get this message:
>
> The default action can't open "homes" because it can't access files
at
> "smb".locations.
You probably need the gnome-vfs-extras2 package.
Hmmm, I've seen this package, but when I try to install it a whole host of packages is marked for removal (abiword, balsa, nautilus, galeon, most of gnome...)

Seems there is a dependency conflict with libgnomevfs2-common. According to synaptic, this package both conflicts with and replaces gnome-vfs-extras2.

"apt-cache policy gnome-vfs-extras2" shows two versions:
gnome-vfs-extras2:
 Installed: (none)
 Candidate: 0.99.8-1
 Version Table:
    0.99.11-2 0
       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    0.99.8-1 0
       500 file: sid/main Packages

Perhaps 0.99.11-2 would not have these conflicts; alas, it is not available anymore (see http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2003/12/msg00063.html for more information). So it looks like I won't be able to use smb-shares with nautilus anytime soon.

Best regards,

Andreas