Could someone help fixing nautilus-media postinst?

Hi, GNOMEies,

I'm currently away from my Debian box and will continue to be so for some
more weeks. Therefore I would like to ask if someone from the GNOME team has
the time to step in and get rid of the stupid debconf question I built into
nautilus-media's postinst in time for the tentative Sarge release.

The debconf question is about which thumbnailer should be used for video
files - the one that ships with nautilus-media or totem's. Xine-based totem
is clearly superiour so it should be preferred if present. But it cannot be
expected to be installed as it is not - yet - part of the core desktop.

However, the new debian user should not be bothered with such marginal
issues and debconf should ask as few questions as possible, as also has been
suggested by Michael Bank in <[🔎] 20040811182738.GB4956@nighthawk.oase.mhn.de>.

Now, my idea is to change the postinst and postrm in the following way:
nautilus-media's postinst should check for the presence of totem. If it is
absent, it should register gst-thumbnailer.schemas with gconf. If totem is
present, schemas registration should be skipped to ensure that totem's
settings are preserved.

At the same time totem should unconditionally register its thumbnailer with
debconf to make sure that it is always used as preferred video thumbnailer.
However, if it is uninstalled, postrm should check for the presence of
nautilus-media and (re-)register its schemas file, to make sure that a video
thumbnailer is still available.

nautilus should do the same in postrm, only vice-versa.

If anyone is not away from their Debian boxen and is ready to step in
(should not be more than 30 minutes work), that would be sooo nice!
debian/config and debian/templates can be removed from the package, as well
as debian/po/*

Thanks,

Johannes