Re: Installation Report for Sarge

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:40:42PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

 > > > BTW, i wonder how you launch nautilus-cd-burner, i didn't find a
 > > > menu item containing it.
 > >
 > > In a nautilus window, choose "CD Creator" from the "Places" menu.
 >
 > Ah, but would it not be better to add it to the Application menu
 > somewhere ?

 Nope, because it's obviously a "place".  I think I had to teach that to
 my sister... I upgraded her computer recently, GNOME 2.6 got installed,
 and the CD burner was gone (from her POV).  In 2.4 I think this was
 called "Go -> CD Creator", which actually made sense.

 She also found the fact that the toolbar is gone not only annoying but
 confusing, because actually burning the CD requires a "File -> Write to
 CD".

 And getting to the "file browser" was an exercise in counter
 intuitiveness...  open Nautilus, since nothing is selected, and in
 particular, since no folder is selected, the "File -> Browse Folder"
 option is grayed out.  Selecting _some_ folder, and then selecting
 "File -> Browse Folder", and then typing burn:/// in the location bar
 solved most of the problem.  The last thing was creating an icon on the
 desktop that launches "nautilus --browser burn:///".  I just gave up.
 It must be blindingly intuitive, because I can't see it.

 Marcelo