Re: Installation Report for Sarge

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 22:57, Sven Luther wrote:

> Whateverm it is an application. Joe random user wants to burn a CD, he goes to
> applications, and search for CD (or DVD) burner, and finds nothing. What would
> be wrong with a menu entry which opens a nautilus window in cd-burner mode ?

I thought that too.

I recently setup up some desktops for one of my customers. They are
novice users who during the course of the day collect numerous files
which they want to burn to cd. The solution create a desktop
launcher/link with the URL burn:///. Once they are ready to go double
click desktop icon and press "write to cd".

Works beautifully.
--
Regards,
Iain.