Re: 'Applications -> Preferences -> Font' not working.

Adam Bogacki wrote:

> Thanks, I understood you correctly but I thought it worth a try.
>
> Nevertheless, after todays 'dist-upgrade', the Applications ->
> Preferences panel works !

You should probably not do "dist-upgrade" unless you have a specific
reason to use it.  It attempts to resolve all conflicts automatically,
often removing packages when this may not be your intention.

If a normal "apt-get upgrade" does not work, you can use a package
manager like aptitude or dselect, which will give you a chance to choose
how conflicts are resolved.