Settings Daemon error (was: antialiased Andale Mono 8 in gnome-terminal)

Hello.

cantona:

> On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 01:51 +0200, Shot wrote:

> > I guess I'll wait for the gnome-terminal 2.6.1-1
> > I can see waiting in experimental

> I am  using gnome-terminal 2.6.1 other apps can display
> non-antialiased, only gnome-terminal cannot. I think it
> is the bug. Try submit to the bugzilla.

Hm, strange - GNOME 2.6 just arrived in unstable, so I upgraded my
system (uninstalling acme, gnome, gnome-desktop-environment and
gnome-vfs-sftp along the way) and got gnome-terminal 2.6.1-1. What's
nice is that the fonts are *not* antialiased, i.e. gnome-terminal works
ok again, but it works much in the same way GNOME itself doesn't, giving
me the

> There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.
>
> Some things, such as themes, sounds, or
> background settings may not work correctly.
>
> The Settings Daemon restarted too many times.
>
> The last error message was:
>
> Child process did not give an error
> message, unknown failure occurred
>
> GNOME will still try to restart the
> Settings Daemon next time you log in.

error. Random GNOME apps close upon start - gcalctool runs ok, but gedit
just flick its window for a split second and disappears, leaving "gedit:
relocation error: gedit: undefined symbol: teel_input_event_box_new" on
the console.

I've been running the GlossyP Aqua-like theme before, and now can run
GlossyP window borders, but no GlossyP controls - or any non-default
controls, for that matter. The theme preferences flick some alert box
before starting, but all I can see is that the box is titled "warning"
and has no content (then it dissappears in a blink of an eye). Strange
times.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--