Re: Keep non-gnome2.6 package out of the discussion please [was: GNOME 2.6 definitely not ready for unstable]

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 02:40, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> Why isn't that feature global, then?  Just an idea, but IMHO the sound
> support features should be configured globally by the admin for all users.

Dagfinn mostly answered this.

> Then again, the sinks should probably not be user-selectable [...]

Besides Dagfinn's answer, there is also cool things you can do by
changing the sink.  For example, you could set your sink to "wavenc !
filesink location=/tmp/foo.wav", which would output your music to WAV
files instead of playing them back.

> I've been chatting with Sebastian yesterday. I gave him one URL that fails for
> me on GNOME 2.4 using the new Gstreamer and Rhythmbox, but works fine using 0.6
> releases. He said he would be in touch with upstream himself about that.

Ok.  I'll make sure upstream hears about it too...