Re: Problem installing 2.6 experimental

On 19-May-04, 13:39 (CDT), Chipzz <chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org> wrote:
> Maybe because they (gnome-core and/or neutilus-cd-burner) depend on
> packages in unstable, or have dependencies that depend on packages in
> unstable?

I'll buy that, but then why doesn't the error message say so? I mean, I
suppose it does ("...but it is not going to be installed") but that's
not a terribly useful message ("It isn't? WTF not?!?"). It needs to
mention that package/version that is actually missing, not the top of
the chain.

I know, I know, wrong list, you folks don't have anything to do with
apt...

Anyway, once I got past that, everything installed and worked. Good job.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net