Re: wireless-applet patch

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 09:11, Chipzz wrote:
> > It doesn't currently *support* Debian...  we don't have consolehelper
>
> Yes it DOES
> Read planet.gnome.org

        This still only works on Red Hat systems due to the usage of
        consolehelper. You can fix that by putting appropriate
        root-getting-and-essid-setting-and-renew-dhcp-lease bits for
        your distro in the wireless-applet-helper script.

Not exactly a trivial task I'd imagine.  Work on making James's patches
non-RH specific and getting them upstream would be the way to go of
course.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com