Gnome panel config foobar !

Hi,

    After an 'apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing' Gnome configuration on my top panel ceased working.

    This meant that I could not adjust font size on gnome-compliant applications, which to a short sighted person such as myself is important.  I've since gone from kernel 2.4.5 to 2.6.5 and after a few more 'apt-get dist-upgrade --fix-missing'  operations Gnome config is still not working.

    I am sure that such an obvious bug must have been fixed by now.

    Can anyone point me to an appropriate solution, package, fix, or
module?

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz