RE: Minimal Base Install.

> >Could you please stop to blame the whole of Gnome for this
> bug in gdm?
> >

> I don't think I'm doing that.
> If I didn't have any appreciation for Gnome over KDE and even Open
> Office, I wouldn't persist. Gnumeric is at least the
> practical working
> equivalent of Excel, for example.
>
> What I was commenting on was the list of dependencies for gnome-core,
> have you checked them out? A lot of them are unnecessary when
> they are
> obviously available in another form elsewhere, and arguably
> better. Report-bug in place of bug-buddy for example. I think
> that plenty of
> other examples could be found.
> Regards,

There is a reason for that.  gnome-core exists so that someone who wants a
gnome system can install it all at once, and then they will have everything
that is expected to be available when they are using the "Gnome Environment"
- This is not what you want, so don't worry about it.

this is a little bit like complaining that xfce4 depends on xfwm4, when you
already get by perfectly well with fvwm or something...

-brad