Re: "debian menu" in gnome's "Applications" menu

<quote who="markus hammer">

> > That was in GNOME 1.4 proper. Why should there be a configuration option for
> > something that should "just work"? Users don't care about this, distros and
> > administrators do.

> gnome developers should come up with something to solve such issues, and
> not give all work to system administrators, telling us it is not gnome's
> but our problem.

I'm definitely not saying that. Read again - I'm explaining why it should
not be a *user* option. If you believe it needs to be 'fixed' in some way,
offer a suggestion as to how to fix it. Your reply is not related to my
answer to the previous poster, however.

- Jeff

   "Odd is good by the way. I knew normal in high school and normal hates
                            me." - Mary Gardiner