Experimental gnome 2.6 install report

I just installed gnome 2.6 from experimental. It went pretty smooth.
Here's what I had to do to get a working 2.6 install:

- Put the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list
- Ran "apt-get -t experimental install gnome-desktop-environment"
- Go to the console and do a bonobo-slay so that gnome-settings-daemon
wouldn't complain
- "apt-get install -t experimental gtk2-engines-thinice" to get the
right engine for this version of gtk.

My preliminary impressions are:

- Stuff seams to be working fine.
- Boy is nautilus fast now
- The hardware monitor applet (package hardware-monitor) is looking a
lot worse without anti-aliasing for some reason.

So as far as I can tell, except for the settings daemon problem and the
gtk engines dependencies the upgrade is smooth.

Pedro.