Strange gnome-panel crashes

I'm experiencing strange crashes in gnome-panel. It occurs on gnome
startup if I have the Menu Bar on any panel. Otherwise, it occurs each
time I click on the Main Menu. In other words, gnome-panel crashes
whenever there is a Menu Bar on a panel, or when the Main Menu is
opened/drawn.

This problem only occurs for one user - other users on the system do not
have this problem, neither do new users.

I am running Gnome2.4 from Sid.

Any ideas?

--
Thomas Fogwill <tfogwill@csir.co.za>