Re: Compare

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 12:33, Pedro M. wrote:
> Newbie question:
> How can I compare two files to see the diffferences ( this is important to
> compare configurations).

There is also xxdiff:
> apt-cache show xxdiff
Package: xxdiff
 A powerful tool for viewing the differences between two or three files,
 or two directories, and can be used to produce a merged version. The
 texts of the two or three files are presented side by side with their
 differences highlighted with colors for easy identification. Among its
 features are:
    * Comparing two files, three files, or two directories (shallow
      and recursive);
    * Horizontal diffs highlighting;
    * Files can be merged interactively and resulting output visualized
      and saved;
    * Has features to assist in performing merge reviews/policing;
    * Can unmerge CVS conflicts in automatically merged file and display
      them as two files, to help resolve conflicts;
    * Fully customizable with a resource file;
    * Look-and-feel similar to Rudy Wortel's/SGI xdiff, it is desktop
      agnostic (i.e. will work equally well with KDE or Gnome).

albert...

|Albert J. Mora                                                      |
|EIC / IUA / UPF - PLUG                                              |
|E-mail: amora@iua.upf.es                                            |
|GPG Fingerprint = 8B92 03C7 736E ED19 59B3  A3A3 68BC F5D8 F7B4 A346|
|Please AVOID sending me MS-Word, MS-Excel or MS-Powerpoint files:   |
|http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html              |