Linux device number bug report

Hello,

I have some questions about device number extension.

In Linux kernel 2.6, device number will be extended from 16-bit to 32-bit. All utilities and libraries should make corresponding extension for this new feature in kernel 2.6.

I find that "libgtop2-2.0.8" uses variables "dev_major" and "dev_minor" to represent two different parts of device number, but the device number is operated as 16-bit.

In file sysdeps/linux/procmap.c, line 120

entry_list [n].device = (u_int64_t) (dev_major << 8) +
(u_int64_t) dev_minor;

As following, "major" should be 12-bit, and "minor" should be 20-bit.
    mmmm mmmm mmmm MMMM MMMM MMMM mmmm mmmm
"M" means major device number.
"m" means minor device number.

But this line considers both "dev_major" and "dev_minor" as 8-bit. It seems not to correspond to device number extension.

Since I didn't find any information about this aspect in homepage of this package, I wonder whether the latest version has completed the device number extension? If not, will it be completed in the future? And when?

Looking forward to your answering.

Regards,
Shen Feng
Dept. of Technology and Development
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
No. 16-5, Guanzhou Rd., Nanjing, P.R.China
PHONE: +86+25-86630523-633
FUJITSU INTERNAL: 79955-633
FAX: +86+25-83317685
Mail: shen@nanjing-fnst.com