Re: Gnome panel password protect

Jordi Mallach wrote:
On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 05:15:21PM -0800, Matt Brubeck wrote:

I don't know of a simple way to password-protect a panel, but you
can right-click on an applet and choose "Lock" to prevent it from
accidentally being moved or deleted.

If this isn't secure enough for you, you will probably need to make
certain config files or gconf settings read-only.  I don't have any
detailed information about how to do this.

From CVS commit messages and strings I have trasnalted, I know GNOME 2.6's
panel has some "kiosk" functionality, and you can lock it and its
applets so they can't be modified at all.

I can't seem to find how to lock it up. Right clicking does't give me any lock option and neither does looking in the panel properties :(

Cheers

Tendril