Re: Correct way to specify GTK 1.x theme?

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 22:24, david.venz@invensys.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently running testing/unstable with GNOME 2.4 on x86.
>
> I want to get rid of the ugly fonts / select another theme for all GTK 1.x
> apps like gnucash and xmms.  When I use gtk-theme-switch, it writes to
> ~/.gtkrc OK.  I've got a font override in ~/.gtkrc-mine.  But I'm not
> seeing those apps using the theme I selected...   Could someone please
> suggest:
> 1) Some other 1.x apps to try, to see whether it's a problem across the
> board
> 2) Some other "Debian" way of setting 1.x themes?

Try:
ln -s /usr/share/themes/FAVORITE_THEME_GTK2/gtk-1.0/gtkrc /etc/gtk/gtkrc

That's what I do for all users in my systems (I could care less about
gtk-1.x apps, but I usually set them to match whatever gtk2 theme I
happen to be using). Of course, not all gtk-2.x themes have gtk-1.x
themes in them :-D

Now, about the fonts... I'm not so sure about TTF and gtk-1.x apps...

--
Luis M

lemsx1@latinomixed.com

 http://www.latinomixed.com/