Re: gnome runs in snail speed if default gateway for network defined (since kernel 2.6.0 installation)

På Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 06:03:48PM +0100, Benjamin Henne skrev:
> Gnome 2.4 works fine on my debian sid/sarge system (Fujitsu Siemens
> Lifebook E7110). With kernel 2.4.20 all works great. Now I installed and
> compiled a 2.6.0 kernel.
> There is now the problem. If I start gnome with no network device
> switched on is runs as always seen under 2.4.20. But if I "ifconfig up"
> one device and set an default route to my gateway gnome slows down to
> snail speed.

I doubt this is a gnome-specific issue. Have you tried running some
application on a virtual console window after switching on your network
devices? What does `dmesg` say (maybe it's a kernel or hardware issue)

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws@xs4all.nl

i wanna give you everything :: i wanna give you energy         -- underworld