nautilus BMP screwyness (gdkpixbuf bug?)

Hey there --

I've noticed that BMP files don't seem to render correctly in nautilus
when they are processed into thumbnails. For example, when I thumbnail
this file:

	http://vort.org/downloads/orig-current.bmp

I get a thumbnail icon that looks like this:

	http://vort.org/downloads/nautilus-busted-bmp.png

(If you don't feel like loading the images, it rotates the colors around
and wraps the first quarter of the image horizontally.)

As a way of experiment, I ginned up a little GTK application that
displays an image, and popped a BMP in it. Same result. Glade itself has
the same behavior. So does the viewer eog.

On the other hand, gimp, Image Magick, and qiv all display it correctly
with no complaints.

This leads me to guess that this is a gdkpixbuf bug.

I know that BMP files are neither popular nor cool, or even particularly
standardized. However, they are really easy to generate, and (in any
event) it would be nice if they rendered correctly.

Would anyone mind verifying this before I file the bug?

Russell

nautilus => 2.8.2-2
libgtk2.0-0 => 2.4.14-1