Re: Upload of libvte4 and related packages (0.11.11-6)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Sebastien Bacher wrote:

> Le lundi 20 décembre 2004 à 02:09 -0800, Emil Soleyman-Zomalan a écrit :
>
> > I would appreciate greatly if one of the Debian GNOME maintainers would
> > help out by reviewing the package and uploading it to unstable.
> >
> > You can find the source directory and compiled package at
> > http://www.nishra.com/debian/unstable/
> >
> > Drop me an email if you have any questions.
>
> Hi,
>
> First thanks for the work, I'm downloading the package now.
> I'm just curious, but how have you tested the performances
> improvements ?
> BTW have you mailed the vte maintainer too ?

As I understand it, vte is poorly maintained upstream, and these patches
have been lingering in bugzilla unapplied for some time now. Maybe a
little testing couldn't hurt?

There is one patch I wouldn't apply though - the patch for scrolling one
line using shift-up/down, as these keys are hardcoded and may conflict
with the settings of some users.

> Cheers,
>
> Sebastien Bacher

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."