viewing images over a nautilus ftp:// url ...

Hello,

I recently discovered that nautilus can do ftp:// and probably other kind of
URLs, which is rather nice. I can in this way copy files easily from one
machine to the other. I tried then to open a bunch of jpeg files in gthumb,
and noticed that i failed to do that, and after closer examination, even the
thumbnails don't show up, nor did eog seems to work.

Is this a bug, something strange in my configuration, or a known problem or
even a feature ?

Anyone else managed to do this outside of a NFS or Samba share ? It used to
work on Directory Opus all those year back on my amiga system.

Friendly,

Sven Luther