Word Document mime type

Hello, I'm using up-to-date Debian Sarge and notice the following
"problem": my .doc documents are not longer recognized by Nautilus as
application/msword, but as application/vnd.ms-word, which leads to the
fact that no application or icon is associated with it, while
application/msword are.
It worked fine for Woody + GNOME 2.2 backports from James Strandboge,
and I seem to remember that it worked previously on Sarge too, but
cannot remember when was the last time I am sure I saw it working.

Today, I copy/pasted the entries for application/msword in
/usr/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.keys and it seems to work, but I wonder
if it is the best way to go.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
--
Jérôme Warnier