Re: About Gnome Menus

Hi all!

as i've been told, here comes a resend of a message i send to
debian-custom

> > I think this is not the place for my question, but i hadn't found any  list
> > about gnome (except the gtk one) on debian. If you can tell me of one, i'll
> > be very grateful.
>
> debian-gtk-gnome is the list for GNOME related Debian issues.
>
> > I'm trying to make the same menu I did with CDD onto Gnome and KDE, but i
> > cant' find a way on Gnome to make it "available" without modifying any file
> > on /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0 (mainly applications-all-users.vfolder-info).
>
> Yeah, I guess debian-gtk-gnome (maybe with a CC to debian-custom) would
> yield better results.

Andreas Tille (from debian-custom) told me that this is a bug  on the
gnome menu system (as it's also the fact that no role-related menu can
be used on Gnome nor KDE - AFAIK - as it's used on CDD - Custom Debian
Ditributions, where a "special" menu is shown to a user only if he/she
is on a certain group -).

So, as i said on that list, i've never developed nothing on gnome, but
if i can help, just tell me

Thanks to all
 Tollbooth