Gnome 2.6 on SID (mime-data and icon) + locale problem

Hello everybody,
I am having problems with the Gnome 2.6 environment. All mime data is
missing, which means that for example all previewers don't work, when I
click on a PDF/jpeg file in Nautilus I get: No associated action, When I
click on the browser icon in startup menu that contains:
nautilus -- 'applications:///Internet/epiphany.desktop' Nautilus starts
up, etc.
Icons also do net work properly - many filetypes just show the generic
icon. The starthere desktop shortcut also does not work. When I
doubleclick it - it shows as a text file, not as shortcut to the
starthere object.
I am having these problems in the Bulgarian locale: LANG=bg_BG.UTF-8
When I switch to LANG=C the issues with the mime settings are fixed (I
can doubleclick on starthere shortcut and it works) , but icons stay
broken.

As I am a newcomer to Debian I hope the following information is not
superfluous:
I am using SID. My /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.bg.debian.org/debian/ sid main
deb http://ftp.bg.debian.org/debian-non-US/ sid non-US/main
deb http://debian.ludost.net/debian/ sid main
deb http://debian.ludost.net/debian-non-US/ sid non-US/main
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ sid main

I got the problem the moment I did a apt-get dist-upgrade and I got the
newest versions of gnome-environment that were previously stopped by
mozilla-xft.

gnome-icons and gnome-mime-data are installed.

kaloian:/home/ash# dpkg -s gnome-mime-data
Package: gnome-mime-data
Section: gnome
Installed-Size: 3296
Maintainer: Takuo KITAME <kitame@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 2.4.1-2
Replaces: libgnome-vfs0 (<< 1.0.3-3), libgnome-vfs-common (<< 1.0.4-3)
Conflicts: libgnome-vfs0 (<< 1.0.3-3), libgnome-vfs-common (<< 1.0.4-3)
Conffiles:
 /etc/gnome-vfs-mime-magic 1044efb9d51e31d82b537ffa40ee2e7b
 This module contains the base MIME and Application database for GNOME.
 It is meant to be accessed through the MIME functions in GnomeVFS.

kaloian:/home/ash# dpkg -s gnome-icon-theme
Package: gnome-icon-theme
 Icons which are used for GNOME desktop theme.

What can/should I do?

Best regards:
al_shopov