Re: important gnome bug

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 09:06:41PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> I just want to bring the following gdm bug to someone in the gnome
> team's attention: 250970 defaults to kde on debian desktop install

> I'd think that you gnome folk would consider this to be important, in
> some respects, if not in literal BTS severity, but I've not even had
> a reply to it yet.

Please notice that the Debian GNOME team is not responsible for gdm. The
gdm maintainer (neuro) has repeatedly refused to cooperate with the
GNOME team (going as far as threatening to revert NMUs with an epoch),
something which is holding up Debian on the desktop considerably, in my
(and others) opinion.

I'd guess nobody of the GNOME team would be sad if you brought this
issue up at debian-devel or another appropriate place.

Disclaimer: This is just FYI, I'm not part of the GNOME team and haven't
really looked at the bug in detail.

Michael

--
Michael Banck