Re: Adopting esound and gdm off you for GNOME 2.6 preparations?

Andrew Lau schrieb:
Dear Ryan,

As you may already be aware already, GNOME 2.6 is nearing release very
soon now and we'd like to every package in Debian unstable to be in line
with what shall be released as part of the new GNOME.

One packages that you maintain, esound (0.2.29-1) has fallen behind.[snip]

Hello,

I'd like to ask kindly what is the current state of esound, after above request to Ryan?

I have recently upgraded to debian packaged gnome 2.6 from testing/unstable. Before that, I ran a self compiled garnome installation. One of the few problems I encountered was that esound didn't run very well with my ALSA installation (1.0.5 from kernel 2.6).

This page (http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=Dmix+Kde+-+arts%2C+ESD+and+SDL+quick+and+dirty+HOWTO) reminded me, that esound needs to be newer than 0.2.32 to do what i wanted...

A compilation of the current tar ball from Gnomes source ftp server, fixed my problem. But of course I would like to see esound in debian in a recent version as well.

Any news?

With kind regards,

* André Schaefer