Re: Packaging GNOME 2.7

Le sam, 19/06/2004 à 22:09 +0200, Josselin Mouette a écrit :

> I'm all against this idea. We should focus on producing release-quality
> packages. Packaging versions that are not even betas is not our matter.

I agree on one point: the priority is to stable branch in a good state.

BTW for the moment unstable packages are in a pretty good state and
should not be changed if we want to fix GNOME in sarge soon.
So the question is: should we stop wait for new version/problems without
doing anything, or shoud we let people who want to do it start to
package 2.7 in experimental ?

We are half on the way before GNOME 2.6 and 2.8 and I would not call 2.7
"not even beta". Imho it's a good time to work on the next release (no
hurry but if some people want to start working on it in experimental ...
what's the problem ?).

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher