gnome 2.6 problem

Just upgraded 2.6 in testing it seems that gnome-panel
is having a problem.  I can't seem to click to get the
mens and my clock and speaker are gone.  I installed
the applet among some other packages that were
recommended from unstable but I still can't click on
applications, acions home or gnome-terminal from the
panel.  One of my applets works which is the weather
applet but other that that my gnome-panel is useless.
Anyone have any ideas?