Re: gnome 2.6 -> no more .Xmodmap

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 09:17:38AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 02:00:17PM -0400, christophe barbe wrote:
> > So far the best solution I have found is to load my Xmodmap file myself:
> > ~$ xmodmap .Xmodmap
> >
> try the debian-gnome-gtk mailing list for this, there was a similar
> question (maybe by you ?) and xklavier or something similar was
> suggested.

I see that new options have appeared in the Keyboard preferences, next
to the layout, layout options can be chosen to configure the compose key.
But then, the much discussed Powerbook xkb keyboard problem pops up
again, that really the one key left that can be compose/Multi_key,
KP_Enter, can't be chosen.

I've tried the xkb map of Frank Murphy
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/08/msg00502.html)
but it didn't work and also completely disabled my Meta (command)
button. So I'm also back to running `xmodmap /etc/X11/Xmodmap` after
login, with just one line in the map:

keycode 0x6C =  Multi_key

I do believe a 'laptop' extension to the macintosh xkb map would be the
most elegant solution though.

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net