From: blfs
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 6:55 PM
Subject: Woody, Gnome and window managers

I installed gnome-session and then sawfish-gnome
using Woody.  Every time I ran the command startx,
I would get a beep.

So I removed sawfish-gnome, but then gnome complained
that it needed a gnome compliant window manager.
So I reinstalled sawfish-gnome, but although
apt-get showed that sawfish-gnome was reinstalled
it was not actually reinstalled.  I know this because
the app window was stuck at the top left of the screen
and could not be moved.  It seemed to work fine
earlier except for the bothersome beep.

So what window manager should I use with Woody Gnome?
Is the beep an issue?
And why isnt the reinstall of sawfish-gnome working?