Re: Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Testversion of synaptic 0.50 available
- From: Gustavo Noronha Silva <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 22:59:24 -0300
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1086010712.14173.5.camel@localhost>
- References: <1086010712.14173.5.camel@localhost>
Em Mon, 31 May 2004 08:38:32 -0500, Jerry Haltom <email@example.com>
> Very nice! I like! A lot!
Have not tried it yet, but I'm eager to! =)
> b) Handling of .deb files from Nautilus. Double clicking on a .deb file
> and having it walk through the setup would be nice.
> c) Integration of the Gnome 2 Debconf front end. The user should never
> see the console. I would actually suggest forcing the Debconf front end
> to the Gnome 2 one before installing packages (keeping the existing
Agreed, although that's currently not possible. dpkg needs to make
questions concerning configuration files, maybe ucf<->debconf is
the solution to this? I don't know ucf yet.
Gustavo Noronha Silva <firstname.lastname@example.org> | http://beterraba.no-ip.org/~kov
Debian Developer: http://www.debian.org/ | http://www.debian-br.org/
Brazilian GNOME Translation Effort: http://gnome-br.sourceforge.net/