Re: gnome-themes 2.6 buildd jammed

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 00:36:22 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Looking at the buildd log on Debian, it seems that gnome-themes fails to build
> on several architectures, because of unresolved dependencies:

> I'm sure this is nothing major, but I thought I would report it anyhow,
> since I know that most people are on i386 and therefore might not have yet
> noticed what happens on other architectures.

I've been keeping an eye on the buildd stats a bit and so far GNOME 2.6
hasn't encountered major roadblocks.

The buildds often try to build packages before they can install (or even
have tried to build the required versions of) their build dependencies and
take time (and perhaps manual nudging) to retry. The best thing you can do
about it is to watch the logs (http://buildd.debian.org and/or
http://www.buildd.net) and send kindly worded messages to the buildd admins
of the port you're interested in pointing them out which packages they
should retry.

HTH,
Ray
--
I'm really not a very nice person. I can say "I don't care" with a straight
face, and really mean it.