Re: wireless-applet patch

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> From: Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org>
> Subject: Re: wireless-applet patch
>
> <quote who="Chipzz">
>
> > This is why a _distribution_ provides distribution packages; because they
> > are extended to work (ie implement certain functionality) in specific
> > cases like this one.
>
> Not a great idea though. It requires a development version of wireless-tools
> and patches to it. Then it'll require some patches to the applet itself to
> work on a non-consolehelper system (and adequate thought to figure it out),
> which are all better done upstream.
>
> - Jeff

Well I wasn't the one suggesting it _should_ be packaged - I was merely
pointing out that it _could_ be packaged on debian. :)

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

PS: Jeff, since is the second time I respond to one of your posts in a
    row in this thread, let me point out that I agree with you, and that
    I'm replying to you because you put things in the way which is
    easiest to reply to. ;)

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."