Re: looking for powerpc deb for shared-mime-info

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 22:22, digger vermont wrote:
> Hello All,
> 	I like to install nautilus 2.6 on a friend's computer.  I'm being
> stalled by lack of a pkg for shared-mime-info for powerpc.

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=240754 . Please feel
free to follow up to the bug, maybe it'll help to get the maintainer to
fix it.

http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/gnome-2.6/shared-mime-info_0.14-1_powerpc.deb

> I also thought I'd try pbuilder to build it, having never made a deb
> previously.  It makes it most of the way through and then fails at:
>
>  gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wwrite-strings `pkg-config --cflags libxml-2.0 glib-2.0`  `pkg-config
> --libs libxml-2.0 glib-2.0` -o update-mime-database
> update-mime-database.o
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> and  zlib1g-dev is installed.  Any thoughts on what that problem may be?

No, it built fine here with pbuilder.