Re: autohidden gnome panel oddness in the experimental gnome 2.6

I don't get quite the same behavior as your describe, but I have noticed
that the panel hiding feature does not work very well with non-expanding
panels.

When I move the panel around a little, and then try to re-dock it in the
lower left corner of the screen, the edge snapping feature sometimes
gets "stuck," causing the panel to bounce very rapidly between two
positions. The first position is where the panel is snapped to the left
edge of the screen, but not the bottom, and the second position is where
the panel is snapped to the bottom edge, but not the left. This tends to
happen when I try to let the panel snap to the corner, instead of
snapping it to an edge and then sliding to the corner.

Most annoying. Not only does it drive the system load to 4 or 5 in a big
hurry, but it's a pain in the ass to catch the little bugger while it's
bouncing around.

Russell