Sodipodi doesn't work on sid

Hi,

I[2] believe this should be a librsvg problem but seems like it's not.
Sodipodi[1] is not even able to display its own SVG-based About box and
crashes immediately. The problem was around for about a month, I
believe.

Is this a Debian/sid problem, or am I alone on the single-tree island?
Is there anything I can do to get it fixed?

(OT) What do you people usually do when you find out a single package
fails for its purpose? Should I mail to its maintainer and complain? :)

-HAND

[1] http://sodipodi.sourceforge.net/
[2] me, a 3 month old Debian/sid user.
[3] There's no such link.