Re: Sarge troubles...

Yup, had write permissions everywhere, this didn't help.

Hmm, I had .gconf and .gconfd as symlinks, could that have mattered?

D'oh!  That's it.  I had rsynced the dir where the .gconf and .gconfd
symlinks point from a place where I had GNOME 1.4 installed.  So the 1.4
stuff overwrote the 2.4 stuff.  That could have done untold damage, such
that this "no save on logout" behavior is very understandable.

Okay, that problem is resolved.  Sorry to bug you all with it!

--
-Adam P.

http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg