Re: gtk frontend to the new debian-installer

Em Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:33:01 +0100, Bluefuture <bluefuture@email.it> escreveu:

> Hi,
> the next debian installer version beta2 has come out.
> Anybody could help continuing the development of the GTK frontend to the
> new d-i?

Hi,

I am interested in that and got cdebconf to install on a chroot to hack on it.
Unfortunatelly I had no success trying to use d-i on bochs yet -- at least
I could not get past some stage, but loading the gtk frontend is still
something I have to investigate how to do. I have worked on porting
the gnome frontend for debconf to debian from progeny and then to
gnome2, so I now some of the basics already.

The current UI is quite poor and the code is a bit messy, but I think I
can get along, and try to grasp d-i in runtime =D.

You can check some progress on the boolean dialog by looking:

before:
	http://beterraba.no-ip.org/cdebconf/gtk1.png
after:
	http://beterraba.no-ip.org/cdebconf/gtk2.png

Should I request the account now so that I can use the CVS directly
or should I set up my own CVS?

Also, while googling I found this email which brings up some problems
which seem to not yet be fixed and I may not be able to tackle them
myself, so I still need help:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2003/debian-boot-200306/msg00139.html

Thanks,

--