Re: #223778 - galeon gconf schemas install

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:54:45PM +0100, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> It's not a galeon specific bug ... same problem here with gnome-applets
> last week : #229399
>
> BTW I've not idea of the problem ...
Could an old version of gconf (from woody) be removing the new schemas?
(why?)
Does anyone have a woody system to test this on?

If it is an old gconf causing problems, we probably need to predepend on
a recent version of gconf for all packages which use it. Since this bug
makes the programs not work after upgrade, that would need a mass filing
of rc bugs.

In any case, there have been a number of separate reports of upgrades
from woody where schemas have gone missing (and I bet lots of reports
where the reason for the bug wasn't determined - it took a long time to
find out in galeon's case).  We really need to find out what's happening
before sarge is released.

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :