Re: Getting pdf-thumbnailer into Debian

>>>>> "Johannes" == Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@gmx.de> writes:

Johannes> Hi, I've been using Ross Burton's pdf-thumbnailer for Nautilus
Johannes> for quite some time now and I'm very happy with it. ...

link?

There is also Mike Petullo's Nautilus Thumbnailers package, which
includes scripts for PS, PDF, XCF, Dia, and various other graphics
formats.

http://www.flyn.org/projects/nautilus_thumbnailers/index.html

I was thinking about making a Debian package (although I'm not a DD),
but the dependencies are a bit of a problem.  Ideally, it should just
enable the scripts that can be run with the programs that the user has
installed (e.g. we don't want to force everyone to install Gimp, or
Dia), but that would involve some gconf and dpkg magic, which I'm not
sure is possible.

The other possibility would be to make a separate package for each
script, but that seems like a waste.

But I agree.  Having these thumbnailers makes my desktop a lot more
pretty.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA