gnome runs in snail speed if default gateway for network defined (since kernel 2.6.0 installation)

Hi.
Having a problem:

Gnome 2.4 works fine on my debian sid/sarge system (Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E7110). With kernel 2.4.20 all works great. Now I installed and compiled a 2.6.0 kernel. There is now the problem. If I start gnome with no network device switched on is runs as always seen under 2.4.20. But if I "ifconfig up" one device and set an default route to my gateway gnome slows down to snail speed. If I start gnome is needs > 30min to start. If I setup gateway while running gnome it seems alls things work but with time lacks where nothing happens of about 2 or 3 minutes. It's so slow not even xterm starts without freezing. if I turn off all net devices gnome runs normally again. I only get this problem with 2.6.0 kernel.

regards

B.Henne