gnome 2.4 themes

Hello !

I've just installed Gnome 2.4 (I use sawfish)
Everything is running fine, excepted that I cannot use the
gnome theme manager.

Here is the error message I get when I try to use it:

|The default theme schemas could not be found on your system.  This means
|that you probably don't have metacity installed, or that your gconf is
|configured incorrectly.

I actually don't use metacity, and don't want to install it (do I really need it in order to use different themes under gnome 2.4 vresion ?)

How can I have this "default theme schema" installed ?
Where do I have to look for ?

What is the gconf key for it ?

Thank you for your help, advices and tips...
I'm new in the linux universe and I apologize if my questions seems idiot.

I've read some documentation about gconf, but I didn't find anything about
configuring it for the gnome themes.

I have the gnome-themes and gnome-themes-common packages installed:
# dpkg -l
[...]
ii  gnome-themes   2.4.1-1        GNOME 2 Desktop themes
ii  gnome-themes-c 2.4.1-1        GNOME 2 Desktop themes - common files
[...]

Marcos