Gnome 2.4 troubles with multihead

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to gnome 2.4 in sid, I've noticed a bunch of
quirks on my dual head desktop. I am not using Xinerama, just two
independent "Screen"s. (The reason for this is that by doing this, I can
still use hardware accelerated 3D on my first screen (hardware is matrox
g550), and I don't really miss the ability to drag windows from one
screen to the other.)

Anyway, the problems I'm seeing is this:
- after logging in, metacity doesn't always start up on both screens,
ie, on :0.1 it's there, and on :0.0 it's not. This happens only
sometimes.
- after logging in, an instance of Nautilus often crashes - again,
mostly on screen :0.0.
- sometimes, when launching something from the "Applications" menu in
the panel, it starts on the wrong screen (App menu on :0.0 launches apps
on :0.1) - very weird. As I can't drag them to the right screen, this
can be an inconvenience.

The key word is this all happens _sometimes_. I didn't have these
problems with Gnome2.2. I'm not sure which package to file these bugs
under (gnome-session?), so I'm asking here if anyone knows about these
issues.

Thx,

-- Mourad DC