Re: problems compiling on some archs

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 22:15, Edd Dumbill wrote:

> I'm having a weird libtool related problem compiling GNOME apps on some
> architectures, check out
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=epiphany-browser&ver=1.0.6-1&arch=powerpc&stamp=1069088274&file=log&as=raw
> for instance.
>
> The error is: libtool: link: cannot find the library `'

It's caused by version of the libtool package that placed -pthread in
the .la file dependency_libs variable.  This turned out to be a bad idea
as it breaks versions of libtool that don't in the manner you're seeing
now.

Go through your build dependencies and see which have '-pthread' in the
.la file, then file bugs against them telling them to either downgrade
to libtool (<< 1.5-2) or upgrade to libtool (>> 1.5-6).

It is a bug for packages to use libtool 1.5-3 thru 1.5-5, make sure
you're not either.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?