Help - gnome hangs after a little while

I'm a little unsure whether to post "help" questions here so...

I have been using Gnaome 2.4 via garnome (Thanks Jeff!!) but have
decided to move to something more "stable" so I though I'd switch to
Debian unstable and use Gnome 2.4 from there.

Unfortunately, I've had nothing but grief :-(

After using Gnbome for a little while, generally using Evolution or
Epiphany things seem to fall apart.

Evolution stops responding and so does the panel (no menus), so does
Nautilus (can't open new windows) etc.

Gnome Terminal keeps functioning and so does the workspace switcher
including metacity shortcuts.

I saw a bug against evolution/bonobo-activation that seemed to be my
problem but it said it was closed.

Is anyone else having these types of problems?

Is there some way I can help debug bonobo deadlocks if that is possibly
the problem?

I have completely removed my garnome install and tried starting with a
*completely* fresh home directory bu the problem is still occurring.

Any help/symapthy would be great!

--
Simon Wong <Simon@thoughtworx.com>