Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more

El jue, 30-10-2003 a las 13:49, Johannes Rohr escribió:
> Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos@pemas.net> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
> > xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --type string --set
> > /apps/gnome-session/options/splash_image
> > "/usr/share/images/desktop-base/Splash-Debian_red.png"
>
> [...]
>
> Yes, sure this looks more elegant. But then then desktop-base either
> has to depend on gconf, which is not desirable for anyone who wants
> only KDE or you have to silently skip this command if gconf is not
> available at postinst time. But then, what do you do if gconf is being
> installed at any later stage?

Hmmm good point. Btw, it's better a gconf dependency than a
gnome-session one, isn't it?

Now, I think it's better if we add this change to gnome-session package
and gnome-session should depends on desktop-base package.

> Probably the postinst for gconf would have to be modified to check for
> the presense of the desktop-base package. If the latter is installed,
> it should register a yet-to-be-written
> "/etc/gconf/schemas/desktop-base.schemas" that contains any
> Debian-specific GNOME settings.

As I said, gnome-session is a better place. gconf is a non GUI library
so it has no sense to add GUI settings there...

> Thanks,

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín