Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp> writes:

> Evan Martin <martine@danga.com> writes:
>> (But really, as everyone says, it's ridiculous to have a Documents
>> button in GTK when you don't have GNOME.)
>
> I think it's also ridiculous to have a Documents button even if you _do_
> have Gnome, if you don't have a Documents directory (many programs seem
> to eagerly recreate this directory everytime I'm not looking, but I
> re-delete it just before I uninstall that program).

Which programs? I'd say that ~/Documents is completely arbitrarily
imposed. I don't know of *any* program that cares about this directory
or attaches special significance to it.

I think that Ximian's version of nautilus always created it. But on a
pure Debian desktop this should not happen, I'd assume.

BTW: I'm actually using 'Documents' even though I initially disliked
the idea.

Johannes

--
~/.signature under construction