Re: New dependences in gnome-core, might be better in gnome?

<quote who="Murray.Cumming@Comneon.com">

> > > Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if people got GNOME when they thought
> > > they were getting GNOME?
> >
> > 'apt-get install gnome' remains thoroughly GNOME, regardless of changes
> > to the other meta packages (that it may depend on).
>
> That's good then, and sorry for my confusion. I seem to have got the idea
> that it had many additional and/or one or two fewer packages.

The 'gnome' meta package has many, many, many additional packages than what
upstream calls the 'GNOME Desktop' release. And so it should!

> > Calling Debian decisions "radical upstream patches" seemed entirely out
> > of place.
>
> I was referring to what looked to me (yes, very possibly due to my own
> confusion, I freely admit, please forgive my ignorance) like a suggestion
> to remove zenity (a GNOME Desktop) from "apt-get install gnome".

The 'gnome' meta package does not represent the 'GNOME Desktop' release.

- Jeff

   "When you're running, you want to run as far as you can, and you can't
                 run further than Australia." - Jacek Koman