Re: New dependences in gnome-core, might be better in gnome?

<quote who="Murray.Cumming@Comneon.com">

> Again, I don't think it is for the debian packagers of GNOME to decide
> what is part of GNOME. I think that would be a radical non-upstream patch,
> with no compelling reason.

!!!

Are you kidding? Do you think that it is up to GNOME to decide what Debian
ships? As upstream, we can make recommendations based on our knowledge of
the software, underlying intentions and user base, but... I think you're
going way over the top in this case. It's not like Red Hat, SuSE, Mandrake
or any of the others give a crap about "radial non-upstream patches" to
their GNOME-based desktop solutions.

This comes down to a very Debian-specific issue of figuring out how the meta
packages are going to be most useful to Debian users, not making sure
everything Debian does equates to GNOME's upstream decisions (no matter how
much effort went into them).

- Jeff

    "The only people still using Microsoft IIS are those who don't even
                     know it's there." - Larry Ellison